Wednesday 28 September 2016

Life Drawing Exercises - Lesson 2

Here are my life drawing exercises:

At first we started drawing Sharon with a time limit of 20 minutes, this was so we could get used to drawing again. After I had stepped back from my drawing I suddenly realised how disproportionate I had made Shannon. I needed to elongate the arms and legs, and perhaps make her head smaller! 

The next time round we only had five minutes to draw and observe each position. I slowly began to come out of my comfort zone, of "neat" and "tidy" drawings. Rather than focusing on small details I kept my charcoal on the paper and studied the body with my eyes. By the third set of sketches I could see a dramatic improvement with my proportions and I only had two minutes to complete each pose!  

The last drawing of Sharon's face was my favourite, as faces are something that i'm used to. Even so, I still think there is room for improvement on this one!






2 comments:

  1. I love your 2 min sketches you've really loosened up your drawing, they're looking great! :3

    ReplyDelete